Cool technology is a method in olden days on which many organizations have built their systems but that was a poor technology.Many organizations fitted with with different types of open and proprietary systems with their own database,networking and operating systems. Overcoming all the defects, number of ad-hoc technologies have arrived but no method seemed to be a perfect solution for the complexity behind the systems. Now EAI has entered as a boon for enterprise architects to correct everything . EAI has becopme a comfortable set of procedures with new modified technologies and middlewares are part of them. As the companies begun to realize the necessity of interconnection of systems to meet the needs of the business the importance and need of integration technology is being concurrently felt. Then it becomes a very important thing for all the enterprises to architect,design and develop the systems and models based on EAI.
Types of EAI:
1. Data-level EAI
2. Application interface level EAI
3. Method level EAI
4. User interface level EAI
There are many technologies which are elegant to fulfill the requirements, some of them are middlewares,Object Request Brokers,message brokers,Web technology like XML etc. Understanding of the architect is mandatory and the merits and demerits of each and every technology.Some of the point-to-point middlewares named remote procedure calls (RPCs) and message-oriented middleware (MOM), database-oriented middleware, and transactional middleware including TP monitors and application servers are involved here.For an successful EAI distributed object computing faciliated by Object Request Brokers and message brokers are available. There will be a growing number of activities in preparing enterprise technology based on java as the ally to the EAI.
Business advantages of EAI:
1. The creation of new strategic business solutions by combining the functionality of an enterprise’s existing applications.
2. Provides elegant and easy mechanisms by which applications can package functionality so that their capabilities are accessible as services to other applications.
3. EAI is attractive for developing new applications because few changes to existing legacy or packaged applications are needed and because there is no necessity for extensive programming or custom interfaces.
4. It can usually go online more quickly than traditionally developed applications because an enhanced technical infrastructure exists on which to base future development.
Thus EAI plays a very critical role in making an enterprise competitive.
EAI technology is maturing fatly and it has become a key topic for IT due to business imperatives. These applications are highly efficient and robust and above all there represent an enormous investment. They are highly efficient and robust and above all there represent an enormous investment.