- JDBC Connection
- JDBC Query
- JDBC Update
- SQL Direct
- JDBC Call Procedure
- JDBC Get Connection
- The JDBC Connection resource describes a JDBC connection. JDBC connections are used when specifying activities from the JDBC palette.
- The JDBC Query activity performs the specified SQL SELECT statement.
- If this activity is not part of a transaction group, the SQL statement is committed after the activity completes. If this activity is part of a transaction group, the SQL statement is committed or rolled back with the other JDBC activities in the group at the end of the transaction.
If you wish to override the default behavior of transaction groups for certain JDBC activities in a transaction group, you can check the Override Transaction Behavior field on the Advanced tab.
- The Fetch button on this activity allows you to synchronize the activity with the contents of the database.
- When you first configure a JDBC activity, you must click the Fetch button to retrieve the schema for the output result set before attempting to apply your changes with the Apply button or by saving your project. If you do not click the Fetch button before applying your changes, TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks displays an error dialog prompting you to first fetch the output schema.
If you wish to replace static names in the SQL statement with process variables, you must edit the SQL Statement field and replace the variable items with a question mark (?). For example, if you wish to specify a variable for the first column returned, you would specify the following SQL statement.
SELECT DEMO.ITEM.ITEM_ID FROM DEMO.ITEM WHERE DEMO.ITEM.ITEM_ID = ?
The SQL Direct activity executes a SQL statement that you provide. This activity allows you to build a SQL statement dynamically (using other activities), then pass the SQL statement into this activity’s input. This activity also allows you to execute SQL statements that are not supported by other activities in the JDBC palette. For example, DDL commands (for example, CREATE TABLE) are not available using any other activity.
The JDBC Call Procedure activity calls a database procedure using the specified JDBC connection
The Refresh button on this activity allows you to synchronize the activity with the contents of the database. This is useful if you make a change to the database while you are editing a process definition containing this activity in TIBCO Active Matrix BusinessWorks.