NetWeaver is one of the application builder for integrating the business processes and databases. SAP Netweaver is used to connect all kinds of data sources which uses different types of interfaces and that which are aligned & designed with the exact format of the data given. In short SAP Netweaver can be said as a dataware housing platform which provides tools for extracting, modeling an aligning data sets. The main intension of this is to the load the data into the next layer i.e entry layer and the Persistent Staging Area(PSA). After the data is loaded to the PSA, few more layers of the dataware housing architecture prepare the data to overcome the specific purpose which stores it in Infoproviders. It takes a time for the whole process to be done in which the master data stregthens the data models by delivering information in the format of text, attributes and the hierarchies.
The importance of VirtualProviders comes here during the data replication from the source to SAP NetWeaver BI system, the possibility of accessing the source data directly from the SAP NetWeaver BI system. Generic services namely caching and security are provided by the analytic engine which also provides methods and the services for analysis and planning. Changes in the ray of business planning are done by planning modeler to defines the models which allow data to be entered. Deriving the views of the InfoProvider data which are optimized for analysis or planning purposes are done by Bex Query Designer. The views which are derived are called as queries which form the basis of analysis, planning and reporting. The role of the SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer is creation of Web bases application that provides the customers wit the data from SAP NetWeaver BI System associated with the inputs from the other systems in the applications. BI applications which are created by BEx tools are broadcasted with the help of Information broadcasting through e-mail or the SAP NetWeaver portal.
SAP NetWeaver BI has an open type of architecture which allows integrating the external, non-SAP sources and the broadcasting of BI inputs following the downstream systems. The transformation of data to near-line storages to reduce the volume of data is also allowed through SAP NetWeaver. It also allows the connecting of third party tools which are used for analysis and reporting.
The above figure depicts the atchitecture of the SAP BI system and BI is the most important component in the NetWeaver system. There are three key components in the architecture. They are
• Data warehousing : The name itself explains that is related to the data inputs. The system receives the data in dumps and kind of formats which are not clear and in unsupported formats, so the function of Data warehousing is to Extract the data, Transform the data and Loading same from the Source systems.
• BI Platform: Several BI services are included in BI platform which supports the complex analysis dfficulties and the functionalities. BI platform contains the Analytic Engine which is used to process the data which is requested therough Bex analysis navigations. BI platform has its interface which is used for allowing the data and the manipulation as well. BI Integrated Planning includes the roles of its interface. BI platform has a unique analysis tools like Analysis Process Designer ( APD) and Data Mining, the tool which brings analyts at your organizations along with the tools to merge, mine, pre-process, store and the data analysing.
• BI Suite : BI Suite has few tools which are involved in creating the reports for analysis purpose. BEx is a part of BI Suite which have flexible reporting and analysis tools. Business Explorer (BEx) has four areas where data analysis is done.
1. BEx Web Analyser, web based analysis tool.
2. BEx Web application Designer, customer defined.
3. BEx Report designer, high formatted Web output
4. BEx Analyser, Excel based analysis tool.
It has three tier architecture and are explained below.
• Database Server : In this phase, the input data is stored physically. This is used for storing the data in the form of ODS,PSA, Infocube and metadata repository.
• Application Server : After the data is stored in the system , the data can be retrieved in the database server. And this application server is based on the OLAP processor.
• Presentation Server: The function of Presentation Server is to manage reporting and the data access.